Our three active sons gave this great granola the thumbs up all around. The recipe is versatile, so you can customize it any way you like by adding a variety of seeds, nuts, grains, cereals and dried fruit.—Kim Van Dunk, Caldwell, New Jersey
- 1/4 cup coconut or canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 250°. In a Dutch oven, heat oil and honey over low heat until blended, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in cocoa and vanilla. Stir in oats, walnuts and Rice Krispies until coated.
- Spread evenly into a parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake about 1 hour or until crisp, stirring every 20 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Immediately add chocolate chips and cranberries; stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Return to baking pan, spreading evenly. Refrigerate until set. Break into pieces. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 9 cups.
Originally published as Decadent Dark Chocolate Granola in Country Woman December/January 2014, p24
Reviews for Decadent Dark Chocolate Granola
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review