Of all my pecan pie recipes, this is the most decadent. It oozes goodness. Even my two young sons, both hockey players, eat it slowly to enjoy every bite.
Featured In: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups ground pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine milk and egg yolks; stir into crumb mixture until dough forms a ball. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; flute edges. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and syrup; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, egg whites and vanilla. Gradually add hot syrup mixture. Stir in pecans. Pour into pastry shell.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake 35-40 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Pecan Pie in Country Woman November/December 2006, p31
Reviews for Decadent Caramel Pecan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review