Decadent Brownie Swirl Cheesecake Recipe
It may look fancy, but this cheesecake is so simple. The secret is the speedy crust—it's from a packaged brownie mix! You don't need to be an experienced cook to make the elegant chocolate swirls on top—anyone can do it!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon almond extract and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries and chocolate curls, optional
- 1. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for chewy fudge brownies. Set aside 2/3 cup brownie batter; spread remaining batter into a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- 2. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes (brownies will barely test done). Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla on low speed just until combined. Stir 1/3 cup into reserved brownie batter; set aside. Spoon half of the cheesecake batter into crust; dollop with half of reserved chocolate cheesecake batter. Repeat layers. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- 4. Place in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until surface is no longer shiny and center is almost set.
- 5. Remove pan from water bath and foil. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with raspberries and chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC