- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon almond extract and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries and chocolate curls, optional
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for chewy fudge brownies. Set aside 2/3 cup brownie batter; spread remaining batter into a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes (brownies will barely test done). Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla on low speed just until combined. Stir 1/3 cup into reserved brownie batter; set aside. Spoon half of the cheesecake batter into crust; dollop with half of reserved chocolate cheesecake batter. Repeat layers. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Place in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until surface is no longer shiny and center is almost set.
- Remove pan from water bath and foil. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with raspberries and chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Decadent Brownie Swirl Cheesecake
Sort By :
"My first attempt at using a water bath technique.....i was impressed with the look of the finished product. And so were my guests! However, the taste was just ok, and we all kind of wish it had more of a wow factor. Maybe a layer of raspberry or strawberry? Chopped nuts? Just needs something else. Beautiful top layer though."
"Can I give it 10 stars? Oh my... This was so simple! I LOVE the brownie crust. I had never thought of doing that before. Genius! This recipe is so quick and delicious! I keep a hand written cookbook to hand down to my daughters, and I think I have found a winner! This one will definitely be entered in... I followed the directions to a tee. I did the water bath and it really makes a difference. My middle brownie swirl fell to the bottom, but thats ok, it was still good. Thanks!"
"Made this for New Year's Eve. All enjoyed it. One thing though, my brownie bottom was "fudgy" like, not a brownie texture at all. Is this correct?"
"made it several times. it was a fantastic hit each time. absolutely loved it"
"Have made this several times. Each time it turns out great. Just served it for dessert at a valentine banquet and was surprised at how many people asked me where we bought it. It was delicious and looked great too."