Decadent Brownie Pie Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Mint Andes candies, fresh raspberries, fresh mint leaves, caramel ice cream topping and whipped cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in corn syrup. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in walnuts.
- 2. Spread into a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 1 in. from side of pan comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For ganache, in a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate until melted. Cool completely.
- 4. Remove sides of springform pan. Place a wire rack over waxed paper; set brownie on rack. Pour ganache over the brownie; spread over top and let drip down sides. Let stand until set. Cut into wedges; garnish with desired toppings. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 slice: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Decadent Brownie Pie
"This certainly looks pretty and tastes decent, but it tasted more like a cake. Plus it does take a bit of time.~ Theresa"
"I made this for a New Year's Eve party....fabulous!! Everyone raved about it!"
"I loved this marvelous brownie pie. I used Hershey's Dark Cocoa and it was wonderful."
"This recipe is a keeper! Especially good for a special ocassion such as Valentine's Day. To die for!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.