Decadent Brownie Pie Recipe
I guarantee this will be the riches, fudge-like brownie you've ever tasted. Slices can be dressed up or down with an assortment of toppings. —Stephanie Vozzo, Belvidere, New Jersey
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Mint Andes candies, fresh raspberries, fresh mint leaves, caramel ice cream topping and whipped cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in corn syrup. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in walnuts.
- 2. Spread into a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 1 in. from side of pan comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For ganache, in a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate until melted. Cool completely.
- 4. Remove sides of springform pan. Place a wire rack over waxed paper; set brownie on rack. Pour ganache over the brownie; spread over top and let drip down sides. Let stand until set. Cut into wedges; garnish with desired toppings. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC