Deb's Oysters Rockefeller
Every November, our family and friends gather at our home for our annual "Oyster Party". My sons and some of their friends shuck between 300 and 400 oysters throughout the day and I prep, bake and serve them to our guests. Forks are spread out over the platter and everyone just starts grabbing the baked oysters off the tray. The most important part of this recipe is the Hollandaise Sauce that i
30 ServingsPrep: 1 hour Bake: 15 min.
- 30 fresh oysters in the shell, washed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 4 pounds rock salt
- Shuck oysters, reserving bottom shell; set aside. Spread rock salt
- into two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Lightly
- press the oyster shells down into the salt. Place one oyster in each
- shell; top each with spinach, bacon and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until oysters are
- plump. Meanwhile, prepare hollandaise sauce according to package
- directions. Drizzle over oysters and serve immediately. Yield: 2-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 46 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.