Deb's Cheese Ball Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan and Romano cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped leek (white portion only)
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in cheeses, leek, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, chives, pepper flakes, onion powder, seasoned salt, oregano and 1 teaspoon minced parsley.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Shape into a ball and roll in walnuts and remaining parsley; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour longer. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 84 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Deb's Cheese Ball
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.