- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 3 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, mushrooms, cheese, milk, tuna, pimientos, onion, mustard and salt. Drain macaroni; add to tuna mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cornflakes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 5 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for De-Lightful Tuna Casserole
Sort By :
I've been searching for the perfect tuna noodle casserole...this wasn't perfect...I'm still looking...but overall this was pretty good and until I find the perfection I am looking for I would probably make this again
Didn't have corn flakes, so put French fried onion rings on top-delicious!
This dish was fabulous! I'm not a fan of mushrooms so I added celery instead. It gave a nice touch to the recipe with a slight crunch. I also added onion powder as opposed to dried onion flakes. Maybe that gave it a bit more flavor? I will definitely be making this on a regular basis. Easy and delicious!
A must try! I read the reviews before doing this recipe and a couple of reviews negative. Hesitant I went ahead and tried this recipe and what a hit! My husband (who doesn't like things healthy) loved this dinner. Very closed to the taste of the original recipe. I will make this again.
Light, super easy to make, and yummy. Pack it for lunch to work or serve at dinner for your loved ones. This is not fine cuisine, but a comfy, quick, yummy dish. Loved it!!