- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 3 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, mushrooms, cheese, milk, tuna, pimientos, onion, mustard and salt. Drain macaroni; add to tuna mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cornflakes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 5 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for De-Lightful Tuna Casserole
Sort By :
"Bland. Didn't like it at all."
"I've been searching for the perfect tuna noodle casserole...this wasn't perfect...I'm still looking...but overall this was pretty good and until I find the perfection I am looking for I would probably make this again"
"Didn't have corn flakes, so put French fried onion rings on top-delicious!"
"This dish was fabulous! I'm not a fan of mushrooms so I added celery instead. It gave a nice touch to the recipe with a slight crunch. I also added onion powder as opposed to dried onion flakes. Maybe that gave it a bit more flavor? I will definitely be making this on a regular basis. Easy and delicious!"
"A must try! I read the reviews before doing this recipe and a couple of reviews negative. Hesitant I went ahead and tried this recipe and what a hit! My husband (who doesn't like things healthy) loved this dinner. Very closed to the taste of the original recipe. I will make this again."