Tails will wag when you whip up a batch of these home-baked dog treats. All you need are a few pantry ingredients and a little hands-on time—suddenly you’ve made a four-legged friend for life.—Recipe provided by Animal Planet’s friends at Georgetown Cupcakes & the stars of TLC’s show DC Cupcakes.
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup creamy all-natural peanut butter, melted
- 1 cup creamy all-natural peanut butter, melted
- For the pupcakes:
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a standard cupcake pan with 12 paper baking cups.
- 2. Mix all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- 3. Using a standard size ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into the pan and bake for 20-22 minutes.
4. When pupcakes have cooled, remove them from their paper baking cup. You can leave the paper baking cups on for serving as long as you make sure your dog doesn’t eat them!
- For the frosting:
- 1. While pupcakes are baking, melt one cup of creamy all-natural peanut butter in the microwave – approximately 1 minute.
- 2. Dip the pupcakes into the melted peanut butter.
- 3. Serve to your pups! Yield: 12 pupcakes
Originally published as DC Cupcakes “Pupcakes” in Animal Planet 2017