Daylily Salad Recipe
Daylily buds add color to this creative salad. The flavor is a cross between lettuce and cabbage.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 2 cups daylily buds (about 50 buds), sliced
- 1 cup torn lettuce
- 1/2 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 3 radishes, sliced
- Salad dressing of your choice
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the daylily buds, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, celery, cabbage and radishes. Serve with dressing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 16 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC