- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 3/4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a small heavy skillet, melt butter. Add walnuts; cook over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar. Cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, turkey, onion, yellow pepper, tomatoes, chow mein noodles and sugared walnuts. In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Day After Thanksgiving Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p146
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Day After Thanksgiving Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review