- 2 cans (21 ounces each) apple pie filling
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place pie filling in an 11x7-in. baking dish; dot with butter. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and nutmeg in a large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg just until moistened; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Daughter's Apple Crisp
"I found this to be a quick and easy recipe! I did not have an 11x7" dish on hand, so I used a 12x8" baking pan. My retirement community did enjoy this dessert-I'd prepared it this past year. delowenstein"
"never used an egg is a crisp but it was great"
"Really easy and tastes great! My husband loved it!"
"Delicious! Easy ingredients to have on hand and easy to make. What more could anyone want?"