- 2 cans (21 ounces each) apple pie filling
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place pie filling in an 11x7-in. baking dish; dot with butter. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and nutmeg in a large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg just until moistened; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Daughter's Apple Crisp in Simple & Delicious February/March 2013, p55
Reviews for Daughter's Apple Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2015
"never used an egg is a crisp but it was great"
Reviewed May. 3, 2013
"Really easy and tastes great! My husband loved it!"
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2013
"Delicious! Easy ingredients to have on hand and easy to make. What more could anyone want?"