Daughter's A-to-Z Bread Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups A to Z ingredients (choose from list below)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- A TO Z INGREDIENTS:
- Peaches, peeled and chopped
- Pears, peeled and chopped
- Pineapple (canned), crushed and drained
- Dried plums, pitted and chopped
- Pumpkin, canned
- Raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Rhubarb, chopped fresh or frozen
- Strawberries, chopped fresh or frozen
- Sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- Zucchini, shredded
- 1. Whisk the sugar, oil, applesauce and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in A to Z ingredients of your choice and vanilla. Combine the all-purpose and whole wheat flours, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into liquid ingredients just until moistened. Stir in nuts. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Daughter's A-to-Z Bread
"I followed the daughter's version of the recipe, but used 3 cups of flour (don't have whole wheat on hand). I used chopped fresh strawberries, but since I didn't have the entire 2 cups, I added extra applesauce to make up the difference. bread was excellent. I will attempt to make a carrot cake version tomorrow."
"This was quick and easy and tasted great I've made 4 batches with pumpkin."
"I would like to try this recipe but with the pumpkin. Is it puree pumpkin or packed pumpkin?"