Date-Walnut Pinwheels Recipe
Every time someone drops in for coffee, I bake up a batch of these fruit and nut pastries—I always keep the ingredients in my pantry. The recipe's a cinch to double, too, so it's good for parties and potlucks. —Lori McLain, Denton, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Mix sugar and cinnamon. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheet; roll pastry into a 12-in. square. Spread preserves over top; sprinkle with dates, walnuts and cinnamon-sugar.
- 2. Roll up jelly-roll style; pinch seam to seal. Cut crosswise into 12 slices, about 1 in. thick. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC