Date-Walnut Pinwheels Recipe
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Mix sugar and cinnamon. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheet; roll pastry into a 12-in. square. Spread preserves over top; sprinkle with dates, walnuts and cinnamon-sugar.
- 2. Roll up jelly-roll style; pinch seam to seal. Cut crosswise into 12 slices, about 1 in. thick. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 pastry: 155 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Date-Walnut Pinwheels
"We enjoyed this tasty treat! Simple to make with a nice combination of flavors. We found these are best eaten the same day they are made."