Every time someone drops in for coffee, I bake up a batch of these fruit and nut pastries—I always keep the ingredients in my pantry. The recipe's a cinch to double, too, so it's good for parties and potlucks. —Lori McLain, Denton, Texas
Recommended: 20 Recipes for Your Christmas Cookie Swap
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix sugar and cinnamon. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheet; roll pastry into a 12-in. square. Spread preserves over top; sprinkle with dates, walnuts and cinnamon-sugar.
- Roll up jelly-roll style; pinch seam to seal. Cut crosswise into 12 slices, about 1 in. thick. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Date-Walnut Pinwheels in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Reviews for Date-Walnut Pinwheels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2017
"We enjoyed this tasty treat! Simple to make with a nice combination of flavors. We found these are best eaten the same day they are made."