Date Waffles Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped dates
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pecans, baking powder and salt. Add dates. In a small bowl, combine the milk, egg yolks and butter; stir into dry ingredients.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- 3. In another small bowl, beat the topping ingredients until blended. Serve with waffles. Yield: 8-10 waffles (about 6-3/4 inches).
1 each: 508 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 694mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Date Waffles
"My daughter and I have made these waffles several times and love them. She wants to share the recipe with her sorrority!"