- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped dates
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pecans, baking powder and salt. Add dates. In a small bowl, combine the milk, egg yolks and butter; stir into dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- In another small bowl, beat the topping ingredients until blended. Serve with waffles. Yield: 8-10 waffles (about 6-3/4 inches).
Originally published as Date Waffles in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p53
Reviews for Date Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2013
My daughter and I have made these waffles several times and love them. She wants to share the recipe with her sorrority!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >