Date Snack Crackers Recipe
These delicious tidbits add a sweet element to a holiday line-up. The dates and nuts taste wonderful topped with fluffy frosting. And since the two toppings can be stored separately in the fridge, you don't have to make them all at once.
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups chopped dates
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 package (10 ounces) butter-flavored crackers
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or coconut extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the milk, dates and walnuts. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- 2. Spread level teaspoonfuls on each cracker. Place crackers on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For frosting, beat cream cheese in a bowl until creamy. Gradually add sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Spread over crackers. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 8 dozen.
3 each: 191 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Date Snack Crackers
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC