Date Snack Crackers Recipe
These delicious tidbits add a sweet element to a holiday line-up. The dates and nuts taste wonderful topped with fluffy frosting. And since the two toppings can be stored separately in the fridge, you don't have to make them all at once.
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups chopped dates
- 1-1/2 cups Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 package (10 ounces) butter-flavored crackers
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or coconut extract
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, dates and walnuts. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Spread level teaspoonfuls on each cracker. Place crackers on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, beat cream cheese in a bowl until creamy. Gradually add sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Spread over crackers. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Originally published as Date Snack Crackers in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p22
Reviews for Date Snack Crackers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >