THIS PUDDING has been our family's favorite dessert for Thanksgiving and Christmas for 65 years...and it's still on the menu. At Christmas, I top each serving with a touch of green-tinted whipped cream and a red maraschino cherry. Whenever I bring this pudding to a potluck supper, it gets rave reviews, along with requests for the recipe. -Opal Hamer, St. Petersburg, Florida
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Whipped cream
- In a bowl, combine the dates, walnuts and sugar. In another bowl, beat egg, milk and vanilla. Add to date mixture; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the date mixture.
- Spread into a greased 1-qt. baking dish; dot with butter. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Date Pudding in Reminisce November/December 1998, p49
Reviews for Date Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2013
"without wipping cream is wonderfull, and oil of sunflower instead of margarine, is smoother your digestion, it is exquisite to taste it, including hot or warm"