Date Pudding Cobbler Recipe
Meet the Cook: There were eight children in my family when I was a girl, and all of us enjoyed this cobbler. I now serve it for everyday and special occasions alike. My husband and I have two grown children and four grandchildren. Three times in a row, I've been fortunate to win our church's pie-baking contest. -Carolyn Miller, Guys Mills, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup water
- Whipped cream and ground cinnamon, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add milk, dates and walnuts.
- In a large saucepan, combine water and remaining brown sugar; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; add the date mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Date Pudding Cobbler in Country Woman March/April 1999, p31
Reviews for Date Pudding Cobbler(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review