- 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugars and cornstarch. Gradually
- whisk in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in butter and
- vanilla. Serve warm with cake. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/3 cups
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice with about 5 teaspoons sauce equals 313 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.