THIS PUDDING has been our family's favorite dessert for Thanksgiving and Christmas for 65 years...and it's still on the menu. At Christmas, I top each serving with a touch of green-tinted whipped cream and a red maraschino cherry. Whenever I bring this pudding to a potluck supper, it gets rave reviews, along with requests for the recipe. -Opal Hamer, St. Petersburg, Florida
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Whipped cream
- In a bowl, combine the dates, walnuts and sugar. In another bowl, beat egg, milk and vanilla. Add to date mixture; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the date mixture.
- Spread into a greased 1-qt. baking dish; dot with butter. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Date Pudding in Reminisce November/December 1998, p49
Reviews for Date Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review