Date Pecan Pie
At our house, we call this “oh-so-good pie.” It’s rather like a traditional Southern pecan pie without being overly sweet.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line pastry
- shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450°
- for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Remove from the heat; whisk in the
- sugar, vinegar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in the eggs, dates and
- pecans. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8