- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Remove from the heat; whisk in the sugar, vinegar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in the eggs, dates and pecans. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Date Pecan Pie in Country Extra November 2007, p49
Reviews for Date Pecan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2012
"Fantastic pie! Dates keep it from being overly sweet. My 20 year old son says it is the best pie ever."