- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Remove from the heat; whisk in the sugar, vinegar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in the eggs, dates and pecans. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Date Pecan Pie in Country Extra November 2007, p49
Reviews for Date Pecan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2012
Fantastic pie! Dates keep it from being overly sweet. My 20 year old son says it is the best pie ever.