Date Pecan Fudge
As a new bride, my Texas-born mother made this recipe to remind her of home. Now, when I make the mellow date-filled candy, happy family times come to mind.
117 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 12 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the butter, sugar and milk. Cook
- and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil;
- boil and stir for 4 minutes. Add dates; boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat; stir in candy coating and marshmallows until
- melted. Beat until smooth. Add pecans and vanilla; beat with a
- wooden spoon until glossy.
- Pour into a buttered 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Let stand at room
- temperature overnight. Cut into squares. Yield: 3 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 62 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.