As a new bride, my Texas-born mother made this recipe to remind her of home. Now, when I make the mellow date-filled candy, happy family times come to mind.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 12 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the butter, sugar and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 4 minutes. Add dates; boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat; stir in candy coating and marshmallows until melted. Beat until smooth. Add pecans and vanilla; beat with a wooden spoon until glossy.
- Pour into a buttered 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Let stand at room temperature overnight. Cut into squares. Yield: 3 pounds.
Originally published as Date Pecan Fudge in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p39
Reviews for Date Pecan Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2009
"My son loves dates and pecans. This was rated By him as "MAKE MORE!!" Thanks for the recipe."