- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 12 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the butter, sugar and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 4 minutes. Add dates; boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat; stir in candy coating and marshmallows until melted. Beat until smooth. Add pecans and vanilla; beat with a wooden spoon until glossy.
- Pour into a buttered 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Let stand at room temperature overnight. Cut into squares. Yield: 3 pounds.
Originally published as Date Pecan Fudge in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p39
Reviews for Date Pecan Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2009
"My son loves dates and pecans. This was rated By him as "MAKE MORE!!" Thanks for the recipe."