Date-Pecan Coconut Candy Recipe
This fuss-free recipe has been in our family for years. A batch of these chocolate-covered balls always brings back wonderful holiday memories.
- 1 pound pitted dates, chopped
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups flaked coconut
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dates, pecans, marshmallows and coconut. In a blender or food processor, process date mixture in batches. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper to harden. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 6 dozen.
2 piece: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Date-Pecan Coconut Candy
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC