- 1 pound pitted dates, chopped
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups flaked coconut
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the dates, pecans, marshmallows and coconut. In a blender or food processor, process date mixture in batches. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper to harden. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Date-Pecan Coconut Candy in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p61
Reviews for Date-Pecan Coconut Candy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review