Date-Nut Yeast Bread Recipe
"For breakfast, this bread is delicious toasted, buttered and topped with cinnamon-sugar," writes Roseanne Farulli, Burgettstown, Pennsylvania.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add dates and walnuts. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 123 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC