Date-Nut Yeast Bread Recipe
"For breakfast, this bread is delicious toasted, buttered and topped with cinnamon-sugar," writes Roseanne Farulli, Burgettstown, Pennsylvania.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add dates and walnuts. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
1 slice: 123 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Date-Nut Yeast Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC