Date-Nut Yeast Bread
"For breakfast, this bread is delicious toasted, buttered and topped with cinnamon-sugar," writes Roseanne Farulli, Burgettstown, Pennsylvania.
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose
- crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread
- machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to
- 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal
- this), add dates and walnuts. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 123 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.