Date-Nut Yeast Bread Recipe
"For breakfast, this bread is delicious toasted, buttered and topped with cinnamon-sugar," writes Roseanne Farulli, Burgettstown, Pennsylvania.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add dates and walnuts. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as Date-Nut Yeast Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p19
Reviews for Date-Nut Yeast Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review