Date Nut Torte
Whether I serve my torte with coffee at a luncheon or in the evening when friends visit, I always get compliments. My husband (we've been married 42 years), three children and five grandchildren are all good eaters, and it's a joy to prepare this dessert for them, too!
Cooking is something I've always enjoyed. I also like sewing, quilting and gardening. My husband and I travel by trailer as of
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped dates
- Whipped cream
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Gradually add sugars and beat until well mixed.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and
- stir until moistened. Stir in nuts and dates. Pour into a greased
- 8-in.-square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Torte top will be crusty and the
- inside chewy. Cool. Cut into squares and serve with a dollop of
- whipped cream. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 278 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.