Date Nut Log Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, divided
- 24 large marshmallows, snipped
- 8 ounces dates, chopped
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs, marshmallows, dates and walnuts. Stir in cream; mix thoroughly. Shape into a 14-in. x 3-in. log. Roll in remaining crumbs.
- 2. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or foil. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight. Slice; garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 384 calories, 23 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Date Nut Log
"I saw this recipe in Taste of Home several years ago and made it for Christmas. My family and guests raved about it! I made another Date Nut Log a few days later to take to a party, where once again it was a hit! It has become a family favorite. It is simple to make and is always a crowd pleaser :)"
"I had been looking for this recipe for years. My Great grandmother always made it for the holidays. It was easy to make and was just as good as I remembered it . It was always served with real whipped cream."