Date Nut Log Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, divided
- 24 large marshmallows, snipped
- 8 ounces dates, chopped
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs, marshmallows, dates and walnuts. Stir in cream; mix thoroughly. Shape into a 14-in. x 3-in. log. Roll in remaining crumbs.
- 2. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or foil. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight. Slice; garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 slice: 384 calories, 23g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Date Nut Log
"I saw this recipe in Taste of Home several years ago and made it for Christmas. My family and guests raved about it! I made another Date Nut Log a few days later to take to a party, where once again it was a hit! It has become a family favorite. It is simple to make and is always a crowd pleaser :)"
"I had been looking for this recipe for years. My Great grandmother always made it for the holidays. It was easy to make and was just as good as I remembered it . It was always served with real whipped cream."