Date Nut Icebox Cookies Recipe
A dear friend shared this recipe with me many years ago. They've become a much-requested treat at my house, so it's a good thing the recipe yields a big batch!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup finely chopped dates
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and corn syrup. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts and dates.
- 2. Shape into four 6-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2-1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 8 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 188 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Date Nut Icebox Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC