- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup chopped pistachios or almonds
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) pitted dates, finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine Rice Krispies and pistachios. In a large saucepan, combine butter, dates and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is combined.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour over Rice Krispies mixture; stir to coat. When cool enough to handle, press into 1-1/4-in. balls. Cool. If desired, roll in confectioner's sugar. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Date Nut Balls in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p181
Reviews for Date Nut Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2016
"This is my recipe. I recommend you heat the butter, sugar and dates until sugar is nearly disolved. Soft ball stage of 220 degrees. They hold together nicely and are chewey."