"It's hard to say what's more appealing—the homey aroma of this treat baking in the oven or the wonderful flavor of the warm apple, sweet dates and crunchy walnuts," says field editor Dorothy Pritchett (above with husband Charlie) of Wills Point, Texas.
Recommended: 31 Easy Quick Bread Recipes
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped dates
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large tart apple
- 1/4 cup water
- Whipped cream
- In a small bowl, combine 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar, dates, walnuts and cinnamon. Peel top half of apple and remove core; place in a small baking dish. Fill with the date mixture. Combine water and remaining brown sugar; pour over apple.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until apple is tender, basting occasionally. Serve warm with whipped cream. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Date-Filled Baked Apple in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p11
Reviews for Date-Filled Baked Apple
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review