This dessert is so wonderful. Guests love its sweet and rich flavor. I am often asked for the recipe.Helen Wolber, Brookville, Indiana
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- Confectioners' sugar
- Combine sugar, butter, egg, dates and pecans in a heavy saucepan;
- bring to a boil, stirring thoroughly. Cook over medium heat until
- well blended, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cereal.
- Cool. With buttered hands, roll into 1-in. balls; roll in
- confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 118 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.