Dark Side Chocolate Caramel Tart Recipe
This is a rich, sweet and oh-so-delicious delicious after-dinner treat. The decorating can make it fun or elegant. It tastes like a turtle candy and holds well so it can be made ahead-of-time.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring the sugar, water, corn syrup and salt to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture turns an amber color, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat; slowly stir in cream (mixture will appear lumpy). Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is completely smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges. Prick the bottom with a fork. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Sprinkle pecans and chocolate chips into crust. Whisk eggs, one at a time, into warm caramel mixture. Pour over chocolate and pecans.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until top is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 5. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips with milk; stir until smooth. Cut a small hole in the corner of a plastic bag. Fill with chocolate mixture; pipe a web over tart. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC