Dark Chocolate Truffle Tart Recipe
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/4 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Additional baking cocoa
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place confectioners' sugar and walnuts in a food processor; pulse until walnuts are finely chopped. Add flour, cocoa and salt; pulse until blended. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2. Press dough onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Bake 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, for filling, in a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in cream and espresso powder. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Whisk in eggs, egg yolk, sugar and vanilla.
- 4. Pour filling into warm crust. Bake 20-25 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle). Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with cocoa before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 326 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Dark Chocolate Truffle Tart
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.