Dark Chocolate Truffle Tart
Espresso enhances and intensifies the dark chocolate flavor of my truffe tart. I make the crust with toasted walnuts and dust the cooled dessert with baking cocoa before serving.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Walnut Halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Baking cocoa
- Place confectioners' sugar and walnuts in a food processor; cover and
- pulse until walnuts are finely chopped. Add the flour, cocoa and
- salt; cover and pulse until blended. Add butter and pulse until
- mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press dough into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in.
- fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.