- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/4 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Additional baking cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place confectioners' sugar and walnuts in a food processor; pulse until walnuts are finely chopped. Add flour, cocoa and salt; pulse until blended. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press dough onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in cream and espresso powder. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Whisk in eggs, egg yolk, sugar and vanilla.
- Pour filling into warm crust. Bake 20-25 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle). Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with cocoa before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Dark Chocolate Truffle Tart in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p125
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Dark Chocolate Truffle Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review