- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Baking cocoa
- Place confectioners' sugar and walnuts in a food processor; cover and pulse until walnuts are finely chopped. Add the flour, cocoa and salt; cover and pulse until blended. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press dough into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt chocolate, cream, butter and espresso powder; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Whisk in the eggs, egg yolk and sugar. Whisk in vanilla.
- Pour filling into the warm crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes longer or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle). Cool completely. Dust tart with cocoa before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Dark Chocolate Truffle Tart in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p125
Reviews for Dark Chocolate Truffle Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review