- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks. Stir a small amount of hot filling
- into yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Stir in
- vanilla; transfer to a large bowl.
- In a bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on
- medium speed until foamy. Gradually beat in remaining sugar on high
- until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, stir a fourth of the egg
- white mixture into chocolate batter until blended. Fold in remaining
- egg white mixture until no white streaks remain.
- Pour into prepared dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55
- minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- For topping, in a small chilled bowl, combine the confectioners'
- sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Gradually add cream. Beat on high until
- stiff peaks form. Serve souffle immediately with a dollop of
- topping. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 491 calories, 32 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 220 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.