- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 dark chocolate candy bar (7 ounces), melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, grated chocolate and Pirouette cookies
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to pan and bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; gradually whisk in chocolate and vanilla until smooth.
- Press plastic wrap onto surface of pudding. Refrigerate. Spoon into dessert dishes. Garnish with whipped cream, grated chocolate and cookies. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Dark Chocolate Pudding
Sort By :
Reminded me of my mother's homemade chocolate pudding. I substituted dark chocolate chips (1 cup) for the candy bar and added 2 tbsp butter. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Delicious!
I used Ghirardelli 60% chips and added 2 Tbsp of sugar. Couldn't wait for it to cool completely. Yummy!
I made this for my husband, who likes dark chocolate, one Valentine's Day a few years ago and he loved it!
It's so smooth, creamy, not a lot of work and very delicious! I left it al fresco and enjoyed it very much without the cookies or chocolate curls!
I don't really like dark chocolate all that much but I LOVED this! I need to make it again soon!