Dark Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 dark chocolate candy bar (6.8 ounces), melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Whisk in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in melted chocolate and vanilla. Cool 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Transfer to a bowl; press plastic wrap onto surface of pudding. Refrigerate until cold. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 266 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Dark Chocolate Pudding
"I used Ghirardelli 60% chips and added 2 Tbsp of sugar. Couldn't wait for it to cool completely. Yummy!"
"I made this for my husband, who likes dark chocolate, one Valentine's Day a few years ago and he loved it!It's so smooth, creamy, not a lot of work and very delicious! I left it al fresco and enjoyed it very much without the cookies or chocolate curls!I don't really like dark chocolate all that much but I LOVED this! I need to make it again soon!"