Thick, surprisingly smooth pudding sundaes are a cute dessert that’s quick to prepare and sure to disappear. —Julie Power, Chandler, Texas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark baking cocoa or baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups evaporated milk
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whipped topping, chocolate syrup, slivered almonds and maraschino cherries
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg whites; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to individual dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, garnish with whipped topping, chocolate syrup, almonds and cherries. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Dark Chocolate Pudding Sundaes in Taste of Home February/March 2009, p56
Reviews for Dark Chocolate Pudding Sundaes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review