"It's not Valentine's Day without a chocolate dessert," notes field editor Lillian Julow from Lawrenceville, GA. Her rich old-fashioned treat is oh-so-creamy and comforting!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 dark chocolate candy bar (6.8 ounces), melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Whisk in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in melted chocolate and vanilla. Cool 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a bowl; press plastic wrap onto surface of pudding. Refrigerate until cold. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Dark Chocolate Pudding in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p57
Reviews for Dark Chocolate Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2011
"I used Ghirardelli 60% chips and added 2 Tbsp of sugar. Couldn't wait for it to cool completely. Yummy!"
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2009
"I made this for my husband, who likes dark chocolate, one Valentine's Day a few years ago and he loved it!It's so smooth, creamy, not a lot of work and very delicious! I left it al fresco and enjoyed it very much without the cookies or chocolate curls!I don't really like dark chocolate all that much but I LOVED this! I need to make it again soon!"