- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 dark chocolate candy bar (7 ounces), melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, grated chocolate and Pirouette cookies
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to pan and bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; gradually whisk in chocolate and vanilla until smooth.
- Press plastic wrap onto surface of pudding. Refrigerate. Spoon into dessert dishes. Garnish with whipped cream, grated chocolate and cookies. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Dark Chocolate Pudding in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p57
Reviews for Dark Chocolate Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2011
"I used Ghirardelli 60% chips and added 2 Tbsp of sugar. Couldn't wait for it to cool completely. Yummy!"
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2009
"I made this for my husband, who likes dark chocolate, one Valentine's Day a few years ago and he loved it!It's so smooth, creamy, not a lot of work and very delicious! I left it al fresco and enjoyed it very much without the cookies or chocolate curls!I don't really like dark chocolate all that much but I LOVED this! I need to make it again soon!"