- In a small bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda,
- baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with
- water. Beat just until combined.
- Pour over pecans. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a
- toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely in pan.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Remove cake from pan; split into two horizontal layers. Place bottom
- cake layer, nut side up, on a serving plate. Spread with half of the
- topping. Top with remaining layer and topping. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cake equals 669 calories, 40 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 428 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.