Dark Chocolate Panna Cotta Recipe
Everything about this dessert, from the pretty presentation to its silky smooth texture, says "special." Rich chocolate is accented by the flavor of sweet, ripe berries perfectly. —Susan Asanovic, Wilton, Connecticut
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 5 tablespoons raspberry liqueur, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 4 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves, optional
- 1. Place cranberry sauce in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Strain and discard pulp. Stir in 3 tablespoons liqueur; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand for 1 minute. Meanwhile, place chocolate in another small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream, sugar and salt just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth.
- 3. Stir a small amount of chocolate mixture into gelatin mixture until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in 1 cup cranberry puree and vanilla. Pour into eight 6-oz. custard cups. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the remaining cranberry puree and liqueur; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 5. Unmold onto serving plates. Serve with sauce and garnish with raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 397 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC